Chapel choir tour to germany 2019
The University of Exeter Chapel Choir is heading to Germany! Birthplace of many of the world's most famous composers, Germany is an exciting destination for a group of students passionate about sharing their voices and love of music.
Who are we?
The Chapel Choir are a group of 26 students at the University of Exeter who sing the weekly services at the Chapel, as well as giving concerts and services around Exeter and further afield.
Following successful tours to France and Malta in recent years, the Chapel Choir are excited to be planning a trip to the heart of some of the finest music-making in the world. With concerts and services planned in churches in and around Stuttgart, Ravensburg, and Salem, we are excited to spend a week sharing our love of sacred music with an international audience.
Where will the money go?
As the Chapel Choir have to self-fund most of our endeavours, we rely on the generous support of alumni and friends of the choir. We are hoping to raise £4,000 to help with the costs of this trip. A rough breakdown of this is as follows:
- £1,500 for flights
- £1,500 for accommodation
- £500 for travel within Germany
- £500 other printing/admin costs and publicity
- £20- Thank you postcard signed by members of the Chapel Choir
- £40- Chapel Choir CD of your choice (Hail Gladdening Light or O Night Divine)
- £80- both Chapel Choir CDs
- £100- both Chapel Choir CDs and a personal note of thanks from the Director of Music
- £200- all of the above plus a thank you video from the choir
- £300- all of the above plus an invitation to attend a pre-tour rehearsal and stay for refreshments
- £500- all of the above plus 2 tickets to a concert given by the Chapel Choir in the Mary Harris Chapel on Saturday 15th June
Find us here
We are so grateful for all of the incredible support we receive. All donations, large or small, will help us make this tour a reality.
However, there are also other ways to support us! Share this page, tell your friends, and come and see us in one of our services or concerts.