A short summary of our project
We are raising money to put on Exeter University Charity Fashion Show (XCFS), Raise and Give’s (RAG) newest event. We want to highlight how small changes in fashion choices are hugely beneficial and sustainable, ethical fashion is possible.
Who are we?
We are Raise and Give, the biggest fundraising student group in Exeter. We offer students the opportunity to raise money for a number of charities through organizing and participating in exciting challenges and events. Last year we raised over £192,000!!
This year we want to produce a conscious fashion show; a show that demonstrates a variety of ways that as an individual you can make informed and smart choices for your wardrobe. Our show will ensure the brands we represent have thought about sustainable and ethical issues. This may mean they are located in the UK and so have a very small carbon footprint, or they might use ethically sourced materials that avoid plastic or excessive use of water when created. Conscious fashion also includes brand which source materials from a factory that pay a fair wage, and vintage brands that encourages people to wear secondhand items.
Throughout the lead up to the show and the actual night we will be transparent in our choices and the benefits of each brand. We hope that in return our guests will feel inspired make small changes to be sustainable in their fashion choices.
Where will the money go
Breakdown of Costs
- Venue hire (Great Hall): £438
- Layout alterations: £75
- Decorations: £150
- Printing costs (programmes): £100
- Security: £100
- Marketing: £20
- Contingency at 10%: £88.30
Any extra funds raised will be used to support other RAG events.
To say thank you, we will be offering a few rewards if you donate a certain amount! Check them out.
Find us here
Exeter Charity Fashion show https://www.facebook.com/exeteruniversitycfs/
Also like our general facebook page to keep updated with all things RAG! https://www.facebook.com/ExeterRAG/
Help us succeed!
- You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog.
- In fact, share it with everyone you know as we think it's a great idea, and the more people who know about it, the more likely we are to make this work out brilliantly.
- And we know we said you don't need to give money to help us, but we'd love it if you did! Please sponsor us and help make this happen.